Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Settlers of Catan

Okay, so I’d heard so much about this game, but never really had a chance to sit down and play it. It’s award-winning and pretty much world-renowned. So did it live up to the hype? Ab-so-freakin’-lutely. This game is amazing. Most people would think that it’s the ‘geeky’ kind of board game like A&A or D&D or whatever, but it’s totally different. The game is based on trading and negotiating in order to get what you need to build up settlements, cities, roads, etc. Everything accumulates into points and the first to a preset number wins the game. We (G, Mike, Jon, Rich, Nelson, etc.) spent most of Saturday playing it. We got in about 4 games, including time to grab dinner. Each game lasts about 90-120 minutes, so it’s definitely something you can do without a huge time commitment. Highly recommended for all people.

Softball on Sunday has left me sore and in pain yet again. It’s definitely less than what it was last week, so that’s a good sign. I’m planning to start the RunTO training program that Nike put out. It’s supposed to get you from not running at all to running 10km in 11 weeks. It’ll be a good summer project for me to keep me busy in boring old ‘loo.

Speaking of which, the term is ending pretty quickly. I have about 9 working days left, then I’m right back to school and in classes the very next Monday. I don’t know if I’ll be moving back on the 30th or the 1st, but I think it’ll more likely be the 1st since I don’t really want to go back to ‘loo just yet. I get Fridays off this term, so hopefully I’ll be able to come back fairly often to go to softball practice and whatnot. It’ll be an interesting summer….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter