Thursday, April 07, 2005

Sin City

It was another one of those movies with a lot of hype surrounding it. Frank Miller, the director of the movie, was also the original author of the novels and insisted that only he be the one to direct the movie to preserve its original content. Sounded promising. How did it turn out though? WOW. UM. I certainly thought Kill Bill was violent, but this was crazy. Not to say that this was worse, but this was just crazy. I mean, the stuff in KB, it was sorta over-the-top and had a certain degree of unrealism. SC though… man, some of the stuff was just gruesome. I mean, that scene right at the end with Jr.? Seriously people, that was not necessary. Barring the violence though, the movie was pretty good. I liked the way they presented it, in that it really gave you the sense it was a film with live actors filling in scenes from a comic. As Drewz put it, Mickey Rourke really is a freaking badass. The story itself was pretty good, can’t complain too much there. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend this movie to anyone. It’s definitely a ‘guy’ movie, if that. Just be aware of what you’re getting into. The 18A rating is there for a reason. 6.5/10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter