Sunday, September 29, 2002

Motorola v60

Yep… finally got rid of that old crusty phone, not that it was a bad phone or anything. In fact, it was a pretty good phone for the time that it was released. Anyway, I went back home this weekend just to pick up the new phone and the plan. Well, mainly for the plan ‘cause it’s so freakin’ cheap. The phone was just a nice bonus. = ) It’s a corporate plan under Rogers AT&T that gives 150 weekday minutes, and unlimited evenings and weekends for $20/month. Cheap eh? Yeah, it turns out to be half the price of what the plan would normally be. The only problem is that the v60 is under the new Rogers GSM network, which is still being built, so reception isn’t as great as the Rogers CDMA network. Anyway, it’s still pretty good reception, and the phone is just plain PHAT. Hehehe… check out a review at howardchui.com if you don’t know what it’s all about - Motorola v60g.

In other news, the strike is still going on over here, really pisses me off. Elaine and I drove in hoping it would be over and done with, but apparently they haven’t made much progress over the weekend. That probably means my labs and tutorials are cancelled again this week. Again, that’s good ‘cause I have less work, but bad ‘cause I might have to make it all up later in the year either on weeknights or on weekends. As you probably know, that would SUCK pretty freakin’ bad.

I also have a few grumblings about my roommate. Nothing too bad, but nevertheless…. Anyway, so I was playing my praise songs on my guitar along with some music this one night, and he asks me if I know how to play some song. I said I didn’t know, so he played it for me from his computer. This is cool, nothing wrong with that. But then he decides to keep playing his music even though I was obviously trying to play along to my own music. Whatever, just happened once, didn’t say anything. I think I’m too passive sometimes…. He also has this interesting taste in music. Like I said before, he’s really into anime. Fine. He also likes the soundtracks to all those cartoons. Fine. Cool. Even though a lot of it is in Japanese and other languages he obviously doesn’t understand. It’s all good, to each his own. The REAL kicker is that sometimes he starts singing along. Normally, it wouldn’t be so bad, but he’s tone deaf. Not so extreme that he sings completely off key, but it’s like flat or sharp here and there, and I actually think it’s worse like this, instead of totally off. Argh. Oh well, although he’s probably hurting the whole world with his off-tunishness, I can just put on my big headphones and drown it all out with my own music. No harm done. I’ll do something about it if it gets really bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter