Finally!!!
Well, after about 3 weeks of no internet in my res room, it’s finally hooked up and working. I think I had some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms this past while. I had never gone so long without a dedicated connection to the internet since we got it back at home way back when. I guess it was a good thing though, made me find better things to do with my time than spend it staring at a big piece of plastic and glass.
Anyway, some news about this place. Well, I’m having a pretty good time here. My room is pretty big as far as residence rooms go (I think….), and my roommate is aight. I have some bones to pick with him, but hey, you’d expect a little of that with anyone you just met. Overall pretty happy with the arrangement though. His name is Jason btw, and he goes to NYCBC, so that’s a pretty big bonus. Same sorta tastes (he’s Chinese too), like cars and stuff, but his tastes for them are VERY questionable. He has this know-it-all attitude about them, but I can tell he knows jack. He’s really into anime, so I’m probably right in assuming much of his “knowledge” and interest comes from Initial D.
The campus here is pretty nice. It’s small, so even my furthest classes aren’t a long walk. The best news though, 4 Tim’s on campus!!! WHAT!!! I think I might have an addiction by the end of the year. Gym facilities are pretty nice, with just about everything I can ask for. Squash courts, badminton times, a nice pool, good work-out equipment. Food’s good too, not a bad variety, and the dining hall just got renovated. There’s also a pizza pizza, mr. sub(Mmmm… meatball….), yogen fruz, and a second cup too, so pretty good all around.
My beef though, and it’s a pretty FREAKING BIG BEEF, is that there’s a strike going on with the support staff. Basically it means that all my lectures are still on, but most of my labs and tutorials are cancelled, since they’re run by the support staff. I don’t know how they’re going to deal with getting everything back together and caught up with this whole thing is done, but I seriously hope it doesn’t involve weekend classes.
Alright, study time, more to come later in the week. I think I’m still basking in the euphoria of getting the internet back….


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home