Saturday, August 03, 2002

Getting’ back in the swing of things

I finally got to go back to Malachi tonight. It’s been maybe about 4 weeks since I was last there, and I really hadn’t realized just how much I missed just spending time with some of my friends. Although I couldn’t sing, just listening to everyone else really gave me a warm feeling inside. Since I just finished high school, and am sorta in a reflective mood, just being at fellowship and hearing my brothers and sisters praise God reminded me of all the good times I had with this group, and how much I’ll miss those simple 2 hours I spent every week on a Friday night. I looked around, just at all the people I know, and it just about brought a tear to my eye that I’m going to have to leave this group behind in about a month.

I’ve grown up with a lot of these people, known them for the better part of my adolescence, and although it saddens me a little to know that we’ll all be going to different places to study, we’ll work hard to keep in touch, and that will bring us a deeper kind of friendship. My dad always said, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Well, I certainly hope that’s true. This is a group I hope I never have to say “goodbye” to, just maybe “see you later”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter