Surgery Anxiety
So I went in to get my pre-administration done at TGH this morning. The usual stuff, drew some blood, took my pulse, blood pressure, asked questions about my health, etc. And I think it finally hit me - I'm going under the knife. I don't think I fully realized the severity of what I'm going to have to go through. Just being there and answering the questions the nurse asked got me thinking about what was actually going to happen. Then she gave me the sheets with info about pre and post surgery procedures, and what to expect. On one of the sheets it says that it is very normal to have lots of swelling in my face, bruising under my eyes, a running nose, etc. And I thought, "Man, this is some serious stuff. It looks like it's going to take a while for me to recover." Then the biggy. It basically said that I would have to go on a liquid diet after my surgery, which of course I knew about. But then it said for about 4 to 6 weeks.... Oh boy... well, I guess I'm going to have to eat lots before the surgery, hahahaha.... With all this in mind though, I don't feel any different than I did before. I just have a lot more to think about between now and the surgery. I know it's something I'm going to have to do, and there's no way I'm going to back out now. I'm pretty relaxed and calm about it, but I'm just sorta wondering what the weeks following the surgery will be like. In case I haven't told you guys, the date is set for July 16, at 8:00am. I'm going to have to be there by 6:00am(!), and they said it should take around 3.5 - 4 hours to complete the procedure. I'll probably be staying the hospital for a couple days after that just so they make sure I'm well on my way on the road to recovery, and there aren't any problems. Hopefully everything will go smoothly, and I'll be up and about within a week of the surgery. I'm actually more worried about missing the Malachi retreat than the actual surgery. And then right after that, I'll be heading into school. I just hope everything will be in order, and there won't be any complications. I don't really want to have to miss frosh week. God is good though, and like every other time, I know He'll carry me through this.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home