Gettin' Old
So I've finally turned 19 years old. Does it feel any different? Not really, 'cept for the fact that I only have another year before I truly become an old fart. =Þ But anyway, it was alright overall. Didn't really have time to celebrate or anything since half of the day was spent at SC, and then the rest of the afternoon was spent on the road. Probly would've been to tired to do anything anyway. It's a good thing it's almost the weekend again. I'll have to party it up on Saturday with my buddy who had his birthday yesterday too. I get the feeling some bad stuff is going to go down on Saturday...>= )
Summer Conference was pretty good as usual, and too short as usual too. Althought the facilities at Brock were so many times better than those at Appleby, we checked in on Sunday at 5:00pm and left yesterday at around 4:30pm. 2 days just isn't enough. Hopefully next year the church will plan it out so that we can stay the whole weekend or something, but with the must-be-back-for-sunday-worship policy, I doubt that would happen. The food was pretty good, buffet style with everything, salad, fruit, a grille, pizza place, and different main courses every meal. The gyms were awesome, but they were way to difficult to find. It didn't help that they didn't provide a map or directions either. I heard many stories of people getting lost around the campus. Oh well, if we go back next year, everyone should be a little better aquainted with it. The sermons were really good, but a little confusing. I think almost everyone was challenged by God's message, and hopefully everyone will take it on.
Going to go to the hospital on Friday for pre-registration for my surgery coming up in about 2 weeks time... at 8:15am!!! Argh... oh well, at least I'll have the rest of the day to do whatever. Should take about 2 hours (or so says the lady on the phone). My dad says he's going to take the day off, so it looks like Fujiyama for lunch. Saturday I'll probably be helping Nelson ump some softball games, and then there's that party. Sunday will probably end up with more softball, so I'm busy as usual.
Alright... back to work...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home