Matrix: Reloaded
Saw the movie on Thursday night. I don't want to sound overly excited or anything, but it was so FREAKING SNICK. A lot of papers/critics/websites/etc. have been saying the movie wasn't very good. Mainly stuff about the philosophy and dialogue being too dull or whatever. These people are on crack, and not just any crack, this is like crack laced with heroin and wrapped in BHATTWEED. Although I would agree that the pacing of the movie was a bit off (they could've smoothed out the scenes between dialogue and action), but I don't think it took very much away from the movie at all. Jensen noted that the plot may be too complex for most people to understand, and that's probably true. Other reasons for bad reviews may have been that everyone had such high expectations that the smallest imperfection made them think the movie was worse... no, not as great as it really is. But I don't know about that, 'cause my expectations for the movie were sky-high. I've been watching the trailer at least once a day for the past couple of weeks, that's how much I thought this movie would blow my mind. And even though it didn't completely do that, it was still good enough to get an 8.5/10. This rating may or may not change though, based on how Revolutions goes. If they wrap the trilogy up well, my rating will probably go up to something like 9/10. I also expected this movie to be the 3rd best movie of the year (behind 1 - LOTR-ROTK and 2 - Revolutions), and so far, it still is. You people who think x2 was better than this... hook me up with some of that crack you're smoking, 'cause that must be some good good stuff for you to be thinking that. I won't get started on why I thought x2 wasn't nearly as good as Reloaded, I'll save that for a later post. Go see this movie... you'd be missing so much if you didn't. I'll probably end up seeing this at least once more in theatres and at least once more in IMAX (June 6th people).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home