Monday, March 24, 2003

Just Cruisin’

Finally wrote my last midterm on Saturday – physics. I think it went alright. My prof always makes the exams out of a potential 120%, just so you can leave some questions blank or whatever if you don’t know how to do them. I think I managed to answer 105% of it, so hopefully I’ll get a decent mark. He apparently makes the final pretty similar to the midterm, and also counts it for more if you do a lot better on it too. Not too worried about that. So it looks like from now until exams I’m pretty free. Just a couple labs here and there, and one more comp. assignment that shouldn’t be too hard. It’ll be nice to have less stress….

I have this theory. I probably came up with it while doing my “business”, or in the shower (you know how you always have the best thoughts during these times…). I haven’t really tested my theory, but I’m pretty sure it’s true anyway. Guys: have you ever noticed how if you’re walking down the street/hallway/whatever that girls will almost never step out of the way to avoid the collision? Seriously, this has really been getting to me, especially this winter. I like to think of myself as fairly considerate and would move anyway, but still, they don’t even make an effort to move, like it’s expected. Seriously, sometimes I’m putting my foot in the freaking snow and getting my damn pants wet just so there won’t be an unfortunate accident. And it’s reasonable to assume that it’s the girl that’ll get hurt if there WAS a collision, so wouldn’t make sense for them to at least try to do something about it? I’m not saying that it should be reversed and they always get out of the way for us, but hell, some effort would be appreciated. Ladies, please, just lean the shoulder or something, just show that you’re at least CONSIDERING moving. Sometimes I want to test it out, not move and see what’ll happen. But of course, I’d be labelled the bastard for not moving.

And then there’s the whole door opening thing. Man, I tell you, people are too lazy nowadays. They see a door just slightly open, and they have to go through it, even if it’s the wrong one. Wrong one? You know what I mean. You always use the door on the right, especially if it’s at a corner, avoiding any possible traffic jams due to people trying to go through one door in both directions. Is it really so hard to press that thumb button down and pull a little more?? I guess it is…. No, I’m not really that irked, but I’m just saying…

“It’s like those feminists, where are they when the cheque comes?”
– Jerry Seinfield

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter