Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Where did I see this before??"

... Was what I was thinking walking home from the RT this evening after work. It was kind of a bizarre sight actually. Coming out of the station, there was quite a bit of sunlight, so I had my sunglasses on. As I came out and turned south towards my house though, it was really dark. I actually did multiple takes as I looked both north and south; into the sun and into the impending storm. There was a progression of clouds, as dark as I've ever seen the sky on the south horizon and getting progressively lighter and separating as I turned towards the northern sky.

So where had I seen this before? It was so familiar, but something wasn't quite the same. Then it kinda hit me. There was no freaking massive unblinking eye of fire and volcano in the south. Yeah, that's right, the whole thing seriously looked like a scene out of LOTR when Pippin and Gandalf are looking out from Minas Tirith towards Mordor. Oh please. You loved the movies too, so don't call me a geek (for that). Anyway, it was pretty freaking cool.

... and then I went to my brother's. Here's a pic of me and Alyssa:

2 Comments:

At 11:41 p.m., Blogger Myles said...

Hi Nevin, The pic of you and your niece is so endearing:)
Please extend our congratulations to your parents and Jensen and Vivian:)
Myles

 
At 11:04 a.m., Blogger Elena said...

adorable :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter