Monday, November 06, 2006

I need this kind of crack

I'm doing a presentation on the acoustic guitar for one of my courses. The course is about presentation skills and not really the guitar or music or anything like that, but we have to present about something we know. I'd like to think I know a little bit about guitar, so I chose it. Anyway, that's besides the point. I was looking up vids on youtube that I might show in class. I'm going to go with Tommy Emmanuel (who's just completely broken, btw), but I found a few DMB vids that I hadn't seen before. Actually, they were Dave solo vids, which are a bit of a rarity. Kept me up for a good while... but so totally worth it.

This is The Stone - arguably the hardest DMB song to play and sing. Ignore his inane babble in the beginning. Seriously. Just try playing this and you'll know how sick it is. Great song too.

Oh, and no, that last little tag isn't part of the original. I love how he just throws stuff in there on-the-fly. Listen to that guitar too. It's a 914ce I believe (Engelmann spruce, pearl inlays). Simply awesome.
EDIT: Sorry, that's a 914c. He uses a Fishman Acoustic Matrix in all his guitars.

And this is Crush, my favourite song, period.

2 Comments:

At 11:41 p.m., Blogger justin said...

dude. we need to stop playing guitar.. we're just embarassing ourselves. jeez.

 
At 12:05 a.m., Blogger erics* said...

omgeeeeesh. he just needs to STOP talking. what a big dooBie!
amazing how he can still perform w/all that flem and froggy-ness.
maybe he's doing something technically wrong that just seems right.

those two clips - aside from the d00b-talking, made me dutty. thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter