My beef with Toyota
Ok, many, if not all, of you know about how I have just about 0 respect for Toyota. Well, most of you probably don't exactly know why that is, besides the fact that they're pretty much Honda's main competitor. Anyway, I thought I'd explain, especially in the light of a news article in my latest issue of C&D. First let me just say that the cars that Toyota make themselves I have no real problem with. They're of pretty high quality and all that, if not a little too boring in most instances. My beefs are with the organization itself. Basically, it started in (I believe) 1999 when Toyota entered des 24 heurs du Mans. It takes a great deal of commitment and engineering to compete in a 24 hour race like that. So to be brief, Toyota entered the race with a car that was designed, built and driven by Germans. They basically took a huge amount of money, some hundreds of millions, if not more, gave it to a company in Germany and let them do all the work while having their name on the car. So they tried to buy a victory. Was that successful though? Of course not.... hehehehe.... Anyway, apparently this is old news, but I just found out about this now. Apparently, a former engineer for Ferrari stole a ALL of the Ferrari's F2002 F1 car design schematics and gave them to Toyota to copy. So now Toyota has an F1 car that's basically the same as last year's Ferrari. So there you go, no honour, no respect. But lots of laughs at a crappy company. Here's an article on it if you want to read about it. It's pretty short.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home