Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The long awaited update…

Or is it? Long awaited I mean. According to sitemeter, I’m still getting 20+ hits per day on average. Apparently I have some fairly devoted readers, despite my lack of regular posts and meaningless surveys. Anyway, here’s what’s been going on lately.

Work’s been okay at OTPP. Not the most interesting of jobs, but it pays the bills (more on this later…) and it’s definitely not the worst of jobs either. I can’t really complain about anything here. My boss is nice, as is everyone else for the most part. It’s fairly quick and convenient to get to, and I can get home at a somewhat reasonable hour. I don’t know if it’s something I can see myself doing after I graduate, but at this point, graduation is far enough away that I’m not giving it that much thought. Geez… 16 more months of school. I just want to get it over and done with at this point. But then again, as everyone says, as soon as I’m out of school, I’ll probably miss it. We shall see.

In other news, as alluded to before, I’ve had quite a few bills. The most significant one would probably be the laptop I just bought. $950… oh yeah. Dell D610. Some quick tech specs: Centrino 2.0ghz, 512mb ddr2, 128mb shared integrated (ugh, I know… but it was a good deal… and I can still play CS on it… haha), 14.1” SXGA @ 1400x1050. It was slightly used, but there’s a 3 year warranty on it, so no complaints whatsoever. This should definitely hold out for the rest of my university life and beyond.

Other purchases include DMB tickets… (12/4 @ the ACC), the Vic Wooten tix (which I still have to pay Jenny back for…) and other miscellaneous stuff. I’m definitely in saving mode right now, even with the steady income. Need to last through these last few terms in school.

Not much else going on right now. Looking forward to Christmas already though. Yeah yeah, halloween hasn’t even past yet. But the anticipation of my favourite time of the year always gets me in a good mood. That and the anticipation of another season of extreme tobganning! We have new hills, new equipment, and a new thirst for injury. It’s going to be great….

Aight, that’s it for now. Hopefully I’ll post more frequently… yeah, I always say that. And maybe post some pics of various happenings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter